Noriko Sato has worked in the field of Human Resources Development over two decades; the first half as HR manager at HSBC Japan and the second half as a successful consultant offering her services to global companies, such as Citibank, Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse.
Noriko spent her early career in coordinating bilateral cultural exchange programs between USA and Japan at International Education Center (IEC). She was the first woman to be sent overseas for graduate education by IEC. Upon her return to Japan, she managed the School of International Studies and coordinated numerous business programs. One of them was a Japan study tour for Asian Business Club of Harvard Business School.
While Noriko was Deputy Head of HR with HSBC Japan, she covered Learning & Development, Recruitment and Organizational Development. She was in charge of staff survey and worked closely with CEO to increase staff morale. She was instrumental in creating shared cultures when HSBC integrated with several financial institutions over 10 years.
Currently Noriko is expanding her clientele into Health care and Energy Management in a private sector covering leadership development, diversity, performance management and coaching. In a public sector, she gives numerous lectures and workshops including CSR programs sponsored by American Chamber of Commerce. She holds CPCC (Certified Professional Co-active Coach) from Coach Training Institute.
Bachelor, Spanish and Latin American Studies, Osaka University of Foreign Studies
Master of Education, University of Washington, USA
Certified MBTI Administrator
Certified Professional Co-active Coach, CTI
Certified PDI 360 Profiler, Certified Trainer for Leadership programs for Citibank
Deputy Head of HR, HSBC Japan
Manager, School of International Studies, IEC
Recent Examples of Experience in the Design, Facilitation, and Execution of Leadership Programs
- Johnson & Johnson Japan: Co-facilitated 2 levels of 3-day leadership development workshop to 150 managers
- AXA Japan: Delivered application coaching program to 30 senior managers
- British Petroleum Japan. Facilitated 2 day leadership workshop to 75 senior managers
- Credit Suisse Japan. Co-designed and facilitated 3 day leadership workshop and annual review workshop for 60 senior managers
- Swiss Re Insurance Japan. Designed and facilitated motivation workshop for 50 managers and staff
- Alliance Bernstein Japan. Designed and facilitated diversity awareness program for 100 managers and staff